Mid-Year Report – period ending 03/31/2015 (prepared 4/16/2015) Committee: Production Testing
Committee Co-Chairs: Joan Dean Rowe, DVM & Karen Torrence
Committee Members: Lynn Benedict, Scott Bice, Karen Butler, Linda Grilli Calhoun, Daniel Considine, Margie Dykstra, Sara Koehn-Walberg, Vickie Larson, Laura Lovett, Krista Myers, Joe Pietrangelo, Robin Saum, Michaela Sievers, Merle Vanderweyst, Suzanne Veilleux, Ruth Weaver, Katherine Winters, Lisa Shepard (ex-officio)
- Expand DHIR on line tester training to include DRMS processed records.
- Provide review as needed of records that require oversigh
- Encourage DHIR participation, such as informing herd owners about educationalresources that are available.
- Work with Performance Programs Coordinator to identify and address specific production testing issues and problems as they arise.
Summary of work for the year to date:
- Committee correspondence to initiate discussion on promoting memberconfidence in the benefits of ADGA production testing programs.
- Co-chairs appointed VT review subcommittee (no activity needed to date).
- Co-chair developed help sheet for filling out ADGA DHIR enrollment form to be reviewed by committee.
Financial Report – Committee Expenses thus far: None
Problems encountered: None.
Plans for remainder of Year:
- Develop DRMS-specific training module to expand online training material.
- We will continue to look at the quality & standardization of tester training. Committee will be expanding web-based tester training materials and assessment tools.
- Work with Performance Programs Coordinator to address Production Testing issues throughout year, including records with unusual characteristics, as requested by PP
- Review Committee mission statement and guidelines per ADGA’s Strategic Plan.
- Document the value that ADGA members are receiving for their DHIR fee
Karen A. Torrence Karen A. Torrence
Joan Dean Rowe, DVM Joan Dean Rowe, DVM