The American Dairy Goat Association is seeking an IT Project Manager to oversee the programming of registry management software. The project is expected to take 18 months with an anticipated start date of January 1, 2018. To apply, please submit your resume including expected hourly rate no later than December 15, 2017 to email@example.com.
Position: IT Project Manager
The American Dairy Goat Association (ADGA), the largest and fastest growing dairy goat registry in the United States, is retooling its IT systems. We are seeking an experienced project manager responsible for the overall management of project details including planning, monitoring, coordinating and reviewing to insure completion of the project on time and within budget.
This is an approximately 18-month project with an anticipated starting date of January 1, 2018. It is expected that the project will require near full-time engagement the first 2-4 months with decreasing engagement over the subsequent months. Regular travel to Association headquarters in Spindale NC is expected. This is an excellent opportunity for the independent contractor.
- Developing overall plan and schedule
- Coordinating work with the Lead Developer
- Providing technical assistance when requested
- Reviewing the work of the developers, assess overall progress in conformity with the timeline
- Delivering periodic updates to the ADGA Information Management Committee and ADGA Board of Directors
- Coordinating communications between development staff, ADGA staff, cloud service providers and vendors
- Assisting in the recruitment of developers
- Defining, delivering, and supporting strategic development initiatives
- Establishing and enforcing best practice standards
- Directing any needed technological research
- Verifying application testing results
- 5 years proven successful management of medium sized IT projects (2-3 developers) using agile methodologies is required
- Ability to speak and write for a wide-range of stakeholders including Association board and general members, management, staff and technical personnel is required
- Ability to be on-site in Spindale, NC as needed especially during the early phases of the project is required
- Experience in modern web application architectures such as SPA/REST using technologies such as Angular and .Net is required
- Proficiency in Jira software tools or equivalent is required
- PMI-ACP or equivalent certification is strongly preferred
- Experience as an IT professional, e.g. programmer, operations, analyst, is preferred
- Agricultural background and/or exposure to livestock registries a plus
How to Apply
Please submit your resume including expected hourly rate no later than December 15, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.