“Goats at Play”
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Any youth who is a Youth Member, a Regular Member, part of a family or joint membership or the child of an ADGA Member may participate in this contest. You do not need to be at the Annual Meeting and Convention to enter or to win.
WHAT ARE THE AGE DIVISIONS?
(your age as of August 31, 2017)
- Junior – 10 yrs of age and under
- Intermediate I – 11-13 yrs of age
- Intermediate II -14-16 yrs of age
- Senior – 17-20 yrs of age
PHOTO SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
1. The photo submitted MUST have been taken by the youth member. Only one photo may be submitted from each youth participant.
2. Photos must have been taken between Sept 1, 2016 and August 31, 2017.
3. Photos must be submitted electronically to the ADGA office in a JPG or PNG format. The image display size must be between 1024 x 768 and 800 x 600 pixels.
4. Photos must be received no later than 12:01 AM September 1, 2017 EDT.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PHOTO & WHAT TO INCLUDE
1. Email your photo entry to email@example.com.
2. Write “Youth Photo Contest” in the subject line of your email and include the following in the body of the email:
a. Your Name
b. The name of the person who took the photo
c. ADGA membership number with which you
d. Age Division (your age as of August 31, 2017)
e. Address (Street, City, State, Zip)
f. Phone Number
g. Date or approximate date the photo was taken
h. Identification of any people in the photo and contact information for each person
i. You must get permission for everyone who appears in the photo so that their image can appear in the contest results and may be posted on the ADGA Youth page and printed in ADGA News & Events. Include the following statement with your entry:
“The following individuals have been contacted and have given their permission for their photo to be used by ADGA in association with all aspects of the Youth Photo Contest as described in the application form:
Name of person or persons in the photo _________________________________
Contact Information (phone) _________________________________
Name of Parent or Guardian of the person or persons who appear in the photo: _________________________________
Relationship to the person or persons in the photo: _________________________________
Contact Information (phone) _________________________________”
(Winners will have these statements verified.)
j. Only complete applications will be judged.
PHOTO JUDGING AND WINNER ANNOUNCEMENTS
1. Winners will be announced at the 2017 Annual Meeting. All participants will receive a certificate of participation.
2. Entries will be judged by an independent professional photographer.
3. First place in each age division will receive a cash award of $65; second place in each age division will receive a cash award of $35. Winning photos will be printed in ADGA News & Events.
SCORE SHEET FOR EVALUATING PHOTOS
1. Composition: 6 points possible on continuous scale from 2 points (poor) to 6 points (excellent)
Things to consider:
Fills the Frame/Strong Subject
Rule of Thirds/Leading Lines
Framing/Depth of Field
Uncluttered background and foreground/Mergers
2. Eye Appeal: 4 points possible on continuous scale from 1 points (poor) to 4 points (excellent)
Things to consider:
Grabs your attention/Makes you want to take a second look
Evident what the photographer was trying to capture
3. Theme: 5 points possible on continuous scale from 1 points (poor) to 5 points (excellent)
Things to Consider:
How well the picture conveys the theme to the viewer
I. Composition Points __________
II. Eye Appeal Points __________
III. Theme Points __________
Total Points __________