From ADGA Bylaws, Article XX. Genetics Awards Program
A special designation known as “Superior Genetics” will be awarded for qualifying animals, both bucks and does. This award will be stored permanently by year in the ADGA database in addition to, and in the same manner as “CH” and “GCH” designations are currently stored. This prefix will appear with the abbreviations of “SG” or “SGCH” on registration papers, production pedigrees and any other place the ADGA system currently prints award prefixes. Once awarded, the prefix will be a permanent part f the animal’s name.
A. QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
1) To qualify for Superior Genetics (SG) the animal must be in the top 15% (85th percentile ranking or higher) and have a Production Type Index value of 0 or greater for their breed according to the Production/Type Index (PTI) ranking at least once during the life of the animal. The ranking may be either in one area (PTI 2:1 or PTI 1:2) or in both areas.
2) To qualify for Superior Grand Champion (SGCH) the animal must earn both the SG designation and earn a permanent championship. The awards may be earned in separate years and in any order to qualify.
B. FEE SCHEDULE FOR REVISION
1) The fee schedule for superior genetic awards shall appear on the ADGA Schedule of Rates.
2) If the certificate is received within 90 days from the date of owner notification (which shall occur twice per year, once after the completion of yield evaluations, and again after the completion of type evaluations), ADGA will revise the certificate free of charge to show the SG/SGCH designation.
3) If the certificate is returned more than 90 days after the date of owner notification, ADGA shall charge a normal Revision to Certificate of Registration/Recordation fee as outlined in the current ADGA Schedule of Rates for both members and nonmembers.
4) Awards earned on the basis of evaluations prior to 2006 shall be required to pay the current normal Revision to Certificate of Registration/Recordation fee as outlined in the ADGA Schedule of Rates for both members and nonmembers, for those registration certificates to be revised.