The ADGA Information Management Committee recently hosted a demonstration of the new computer system currently known as “NG” (for Next Generation) for the ADGA Board of Directors. The demonstration was followed by a question and answer session.
New Computer System Features
NG will provide many new and expanded features some of which include:
- Full access to all of your animal data including show awards, L/A, DHIR records, DNA results, certificate and transfer histories and much more
- Ability to manage all of your memberships from one place
- Online show sanction application including the ability to enter multiple sanctions at one time plus online report of awards
- Submit DHIR, DNA and LA orders online
- Online Service and AI Memos
- Easier animal transfers including charges automatically billed to new owner
- Ability to track status of pending requests online
- Addition of the Guernsey breed
“Go-Live” Before Year End
The Committee is conducting beta testing with a select group of users sometime in August depending upon completion of the current data conversion effort. The Committee is working with the contractor and ADGA staff to determine a final “go-live” date when the current system (ROSS) will be replaced by NG. That date is expected to be sometime between the end of September and the end November of this year, depending on the results of staff and member testing as well as the contractor’s ability to finish remaining functionality.
The Committee’s long-term goal is to provide a sustainable technology infrastructure for ADGA products and services. Completion of this first phase of NG development — the replacement of the existing out-of-date system — is an important milestone in reaching this goal.