The American Dairy Goat Association (ADGA), the largest and fastest growing dairy goat organization in the United States, is seeking experienced developers to join our development team to provide a new Web facing, Cloud Based Application Platform, and enabling new and enhanced “Self Service” capabilities to/for our membership.
The Product Development effort includes: Establishment of a Data Storehouse (landing, cleansing, storing information from our systems of record in a variety of file formats), Functionally replacing our mission critical capabilities (Association and Member Management and Reporting, Goat registry and pedigree management, enhancing Show and Sanctioned Show capabilities) in addition delivering new and improved capabilities to our Performance Programs (Linear Appraisal, Milk production, Milk Component evaluation, DNA, genetics and Herd Improvement initiatives)
The SQL ETL Developer is responsible for building fast, reliable, and business focused information systems. SQL ETL Developer will work on projects in the areas of Data Warehousing, ETL Development, Business Intelligence and Reporting, Data Analytics, and Data Visualization. In addition, this position will implement and develop standardized ETL processes used to populate the data storehouse. This position will consult with Data Analysts and Business Users toward the efficient and effective use of SQL to perform their analytic and Business Intelligence and Reporting functions.
- Automate manual data processes, optimize user queries, and facilitate data research and understanding while partnered with analysts and business specialists
- Build ETL processes to make new and existing data sources readily available to statisticians, analysts, applications, and outside business partners using SQL Server and SSIS
- Create processes and tools to monitor and improve data quality and system stability
- Participate in the development of customized reports and reporting packages using SQL Server, SSRS, and Power BI
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management
- Table and view design
- Stored procedures
- Bulk file loading and processing
- Data validation
- Exception handling and reporting
- Batch processing / automated processing
- SSIS / SSRS/ Crystal Reports
- Database optimization
- CLR stored procedures
- Validation of data, setting up and training users
- Designing and implementing internal controls and safeguards through business rules and system functions
- Database administration and database design (Data Marts)
- Data Modeling
- Technical documentation
- Functional testing
- Proficiency in SQL including Joins, Inserts, Updates, Creates, Alters, Subqueries, Pivots, Loops, Cases, and basic data transformation functions. Experience in Oracle, SQL Server and SSIS a plus
- Knowledge of relational database management systems required. SQL Server preferred
- Experience building graphs and charts to communicate business information. SSRS and Power BI experience a plus
- Exceptionally self-motivated, self-directed, and able to maintain focus in a rapidly changing environment
- Highly organized and able to communicate in details as well as abstractions
- Financial Services, SaaS and process improvement experience a plus
- 4+ years of experience in database development and support in MS SQL Server environments.
- SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design ( stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints )
- Significant experience developing reports utilizing Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) or equivalent reporting tools.
- Strong SQL support skills, proficient in all the facets of debugging, tuning, and optimizing SQL codes, able to code the algorithms with packages, procedure, functions via SQL.
- Expert experience in implementing operational utilizing SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Strong experience in Database Administration in SQL Server and/or Oracle.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues et
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU,memory,I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication.
- Strong knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching. How statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can be created and managed effectively.
- Knowledge of SQL Server tools ( Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SAC, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs, system sprocs)
- Solid understanding of windows server, security delegation, SPNs, storage components.
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures (creating KBs, runbooks, topology etc)
- SQL Database Operational support to tech users.
A qualified applicant would need to reside in the continental U.S. and have credentials for working in the U.S. A Preferred applicant would reside in the Asheville/Hendersonville, Charlotte and Greenville/Spartanburg SC metro areas.
The development Project is envisioned to be 12-18 months in duration. ADGA offers a competitive hourly rate on a 1099 basis to the qualified developer. There may be opportunity as the successful applicant for “contract to hire” at the end of the project.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to Catherine Powell, Assistant Association Manager, email@example.com. Please copy Project Manager firstname.lastname@example.org .
The American Dairy Goat Association was organized in 1904 to collect, record and preserve the pedigrees of dairy goats, provide genetic, management and related services of the highest possible quality to dairy goat breeders, while maintaining the validity of information, the integrity of the registry, and contributing to a positive public perception and political climate for the dairy goat industry that will provide optimum economic opportunities for Association members.
It is located in Spindale, NC in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains an hour or so away from the Asheville/Hendersonville, Charlotte and Greenville/Spartanburg SC metro areas.