The American Dairy Goat Association (ADGA), the world’s largest dairy goat breed association, is seeking a Director of Communications to formulate and execute communication processes for social media, member services, National Show and Annual Convention. This is a full-time position reporting to the Executive Director. Full benefits package includes medical/dental/vision, retirement plan and vacation after a after probationary period. Starting salary range is 70K-75K DOE. FLSA Status: exempt. Partial remote work is possible and negotiable with a minimum of 20% presence on-site per month.
A qualified applicant would need to reside in the continental U.S. and have credentials for working in the U.S.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and execute communication from the association Global Leadership Team via phone, email, social media, internal communication, and member communication.
- Lead execution of National Show and Annual Convention with chairperson of designated committee. Will be responsible for P&L tracking and directly report to the Executive Director regarding financial and executable goals.
- Work with the Customer Service Manager and Office Manager to address member experience issues and design communications to help alleviate all pinch points with the online software or association communications.
- Website and social media maintenance.
- Management of printed publications.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or event planning is desired. Minimum of 5+ years of comparable previous experience will be considered.
- Knowledgeable in social media execution and clear and precise communication skills 1:1 and to mass audiences.
- Knowledge of ADGA structure and mission is desired.
- Must have capability to execute large shows and conventions, P&L, volunteers, and detailed execution.
- Full digital access is a must.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Capability to react and solve volatile issues with professionalism and accurate bottom-line results is a must.
Please submit your resume to Lance Gerlach, ADGA Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org