Under the direction and guidance of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will direct the management, strategic planning, and marketing of the American Dairy Goat Association. This position is being offered only to applicants who are willing to work on location in Spindale, North Carolina.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business, or applicable field
- Experience as an administrator, preferably five or more years, exhibiting excellence in organizational management with the ability to cultivate and manage high-performing employees and committees, prepare and manage a budget, successfully execute premier national events, and set and achieve strategic goals.
- Exhibit strong personal and business integrity and a positive attitude while being mission-driven and self-directed.
- Strong marketing, public relations, and one-on-one communication skills with the ability to engage in a wide range of conversations regarding the dairy goat industry.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Experience in a breed association or direct experience in the livestock industry (preferred).
Summary of Responsibilities
- Serve as an active member of the Executive Committee.
- Communicate effectively with a diverse Board of Directors and provide, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and make informed decisions.
- Draft and execute the strategic plan in conjunction with the Executive Committee.
- Direct the financial operations of the association and create monthly financial statements that accurately reflect the financial condition of the association.
- Prepare the annual budget for review by the Finance Committee and submission to the Board of Directors.
- Prepare and review contracts and coordinate with legal counsel.
- Recruit and hire staff.
- Provide management of and direction to the Performance Programs Manager, Information Systems Manager, and Office Staff.
- Actively market and promote the American Dairy Goat Association and the dairy goat industry.
- Recruit and secure long-term sponsorships for ADGA programs and national events.
- Collaborate with industry, national, and government organizations.
- Provide oversight and/or direct management of national events, including the National Show and Annual Meeting.
Salary range is $100,000 – $120,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications. Health, life and disability insurances, pension plan, paid holidays, vacation time and sick leave provided. Assistance with relocation expenses will be available.
How to Apply
Applications should include a cover page and resume.
Applicants in Western States should apply to:
Mid-America Placement Service, Inc.
Applicants in Eastern States should apply to:
Morris Bixby Group-Executive Consultant
The American Dairy Goat Association was organized in 1904 to collect, record and preserve the pedigrees of dairy goats, provide genetic, management and related services of the highest possible quality to dairy goat breeders, while maintaining the validity of information, the integrity of the registry, and contributing to a positive public perception and political climate for the dairy goat industry that will provide optimum economic opportunities for Association members.
The offices of the American Dairy Goat Association (ADGA) are located in Spindale, NC in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains an hour or so away from the Asheville/Hendersonville, Charlotte, and Greenville/Spartanburg SC metro areas.