The American Dairy Goat Association (ADGA), the largest and fastest growing dairy goat organization in the United States, is seeking experienced developers to join our development team to provide a new Web facing, Cloud Based Application Platform, and enabling new and enhanced “Self Service” capabilities to/for our membership.
The Product Development effort includes: Establishment of a Data Storehouse (landing, cleansing, storing information from our systems of record in a variety of file formats), Functionally replacing our mission critical capabilities (Association and Member Management and Reporting, Goat registry and pedigree management, enhancing Show and Sanctioned Show capabilities) in addition delivering new and improved capabilities to our Performance Programs (Linear Appraisal, Milk production, Milk Component evaluation, DNA, genetics and Herd Improvement initiatives)
The Full Stack Web Developer position works within a close-knit team working to provide leading edge software applications. The position requires proven experience designing and implementing SaaS based applications within a progressive technology stack utilizing web and mobile technologies, including open source frameworks.
The Full Stack Web Developer is responsible for implementing ADGA’s technical visions, developing the association’s service offerings. The position plays an influential role in achieving the association’s strategic goals, working to position the association’s service offering as a leader in the Agricultural Dairy Industry.
The Full Stack Web Developer must be a very self-motivated individual.
The position is responsible for:
- Development of new software products, or modification of existing products.
- Assisting definition of technical product requirements ensures feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems/platforms.
- The position is responsible for developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining software application systems.
- A “security first” focus, with applications designed from the ground up to protect client data
- A “security first” focus, with API services designed from the ground up to protect client data
- Ensures that software applications are developed in adherence to requirements determined by business and user needs and in accordance with ADGA coding conventions.
- Ensures database, applications, and software code is well documented.
- Troubleshoots system problems/issues and looks for ways to improve the overall application.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Qualifications and Skills
- This position requires 2 – 5 years of experience in the field.
- Experience with full stack web application development.
- Knowledge of network sockets communications and various internet protocols (i.e. HTTP/S, SMTP, POP, etc.) a plus.
- Keen business acumen and proven management abilities based upon prior experience.
- Hands-on experience with coding in more than one development framework.
- Ability to multi-task; ability to work with a variety of individuals and meet time sensitive, customer focused deadlines.
- Experience in the following systems and applications: GIT, Visual Studio, SQL Server (including geospatial engine), Apache, IIS 6, 7, and 8, .NET Framework 4+, ThinkTecture, Feature Manipulation Engine (FME), and WebAPI.
- Visual Studio 2015/2017 experience and/or Oracle Developer/MySql workbench
- MVC, WebForms, Web API experience
- SQL Server 2014-2017 skills, including ability to troubleshoot, and optimize tables and queries. Strong T-SQL, SQL, PL/SQL. CLR development a plus and or in-depth developer experience with Oracle or MySQL.
- Should be familiar with ADO.NET
- Security – including X509 certificates, SSL, Asymmetric and Symmetric encryption protocols and uses
- Experience with application logging, unit testing framework, automated build process.
- Experience in Less, CORS, OAuth2, jQuery UI, RequireJS, Backbone.js, Toastr is a plus.
- Expertise in GIS data management, geocoding, is a plus.
- General IT knowledge (applications development, testing, deployment, operations, documentation, standards, best practices, security, hardware, networking, OS, DBMS, middleware, etc.). DevOps experience is a plus.
- ORM – Entity Framework
- Familiar with Service Oriented / Domain driven architectures, and strong object-oriented design concepts
- Continuous Integration
- Familiarity with SQL Server features, such as in-memory column stores, and JSON output / input
- Proven problem-solving skills, ability to systematically break down issues
- Ability to communicate highly technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize tasks and maintain high communication with team members
- Ability to pick up new languages and adapt to new technologies
- Agile software development (SCRUM or Kanban)
A qualified applicant would need to reside in the continental U.S. and have credentials for working in the U.S. A Preferred applicant would reside in the Asheville/Hendersonville, Charlotte and Greenville/Spartanburg SC metro areas so as to participate in person in Sprint Planning, Design Reviews, Sprint Retrospectives, Architecture Reviews, integrated testing.
The development Project is envisioned to be 12-18 months in duration. ADGA offers a competitive hourly rate on a 1099 basis to the qualified developer. There may be opportunity as the successful applicant for “contract to hire” at the end of the project.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to Catherine Powell, Assistant Association Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy Project Manager email@example.com .
The American Dairy Goat Association was organized in 1904 to collect, record and preserve the pedigrees of dairy goats, provide genetic, management and related services of the highest possible quality to dairy goat breeders, while maintaining the validity of information, the integrity of the registry, and contributing to a positive public perception and political climate for the dairy goat industry that will provide optimum economic opportunities for Association members.
It is located in Spindale, NC in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains an hour or so away from the Asheville/Hendersonville, Charlotte NC and Greenville/Spartanburg SC metro areas.