The American Dairy Goat Association (ADGA), the largest and fastest growing dairy goat organization in the United States, is seeking experienced developers to join our development team to provide a new Web facing, Cloud Based Application Platform, and enabling new and enhanced “Self Service” capabilities to/for our membership.
The Product Development effort includes: Establishment of a Data Storehouse (landing, cleansing, storing information from our systems of record in a variety of file formats), Functionally replacing our mission critical capabilities (Association and Member Management and Reporting, Goat registry and pedigree management, enhancing Show and Sanctioned Show capabilities) in addition delivering new and improved capabilities to our Performance Programs (Linear Appraisal, Milk production, Milk Component evaluation, DNA, genetics and Herd Improvement initiatives)
- Development of web solutions using a combination of server and client-side technologies
- A “security first” focus, with applications designed from the ground up to protect client data
- Server-side development using C#
- Design, development, and deployment of mission-critical APIs hosted on IIS
- A “security first” focus, with API services designed from the ground up to protect client data
- RESTful API development – ideally you will have worked on an API that is consumed by other developers outside your organization
- Develop high quality extensible and reusable code solutions in accordance with coding standards and best practices
- Develop code and release through multiple environments in a timely manner
- Maintain documentation and deployment procedure for new and existing applications
- Assist ADGA staff in troubleshooting service requests in the existing back-office, registry and member services systems. Evaluate sources of errors and debug as needed
- Build and deploy fixes
- Maintain code base(s) in version control
- Suggest enhancements and improvements to current I.T. and Business Processes
- XML and XSLT experience
- Developing and debugging .NET MVC applications using C#, (5 – 7 years)
- Oracle SQL (3-5 years), and or SQL Server SQL (3-5 years)
- REST web services including authentication and authorization (3-5 years)
- jQuery AJAX/XHR programming (3-5 years)
- General web technologies including HTML5 and CSS (Bootstrap) (3-5 years)
- Git version control (Bitbucket) experience helpful
- PHP/WordPress experience helpful
- Experience leading small team development efforts, work breakdown structures, project estimation, sprint planning, mentoring and coaching team members
- Familiar with Service Oriented / Domain driven architectures, and strong object-oriented design concepts
- Proven problem-solving skills, ability to systematically break down issues
- Ability to communicate highly technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize tasks and maintain high communication with team members
- Ability to pick up new languages and adapt to new technologies
- Agile software development (SCRUM or Kanban)
- Proven track record of success
- C#, .NET 4.6, Visual Studio 2015/2017 experience and/or Oracle Developer/MySql workbench
- MVC, WebForms, Web API experience
- SQL Server 2014-2017 skills, including ability to troubleshoot, and optimize tables and queries. Strong T-SQL, SQL, PL/SQL. CLR development a plus and or in-depth developer experience with Oracle or MySQL.
- Experience with Azure cloud services (Or AWS, Microsoft Cloud), including setup and configuration of appliances
- Development experience (Workers, Redis Cache, Blob Storage, APIs)
- Should be familiar with ADO.NET
- Security – including X509 certificates, SSL, Asymmetric and Symmetric encryption protocols and uses
- WCF, Microsoft Workflow, Business Rules Framework are a plus
- ORM – Entity Framework
- Continuous Integration
- Unit Testing using NUnit or Moq
- Familiarity with SQL Server features, such as in-memory column stores, and JSON output / input
A qualified applicant would need to reside in the continental U.S. and have credentials for working in the U.S. A Preferred applicant would reside in the Asheville/Hendersonville, Charlotte and Greenville/Spartanburg SC metro areas so as to participate in person in Sprint Planning, Design Reviews, Sprint Retrospectives, Architecture Reviews, integrated testing.
The development Project is envisioned to be 12-18 months in duration. ADGA offers a competitive hourly rate on a 1099 basis to the qualified developer. There may be opportunity as the successful applicant for “contract to hire” at the end of the project.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to Catherine Powell, Assistant Association Manager, email@example.com. Please copy Project Manager firstname.lastname@example.org .
The American Dairy Goat Association was organized in 1904 to collect, record and preserve the pedigrees of dairy goats, provide genetic, management and related services of the highest possible quality to dairy goat breeders, while maintaining the validity of information, the integrity of the registry, and contributing to a positive public perception and political climate for the dairy goat industry that will provide optimum economic opportunities for Association members.
It is located in Spindale, NC in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains an hour or so away from the Asheville/Hendersonville, Charlotte NC and Greenville/Spartanburg SC metro areas.