ADGA Genetics is a website developed by Gene Dershewitz in cooperation with ADGA. Below are some tools provided on that site. You will be leaving ADGA’s website when you go to ADGA Genetics Website .
- Production Search through Predicted Transmitting Ability (PTA) data modeled by CDCB from years of DHI production test records for dairy goats. Want to improve milk production? This is the tool to use.
- PTI/ETA Search for top animals based on 2 calculated indices: Production Type Index (PTI) and Estimated Transmitting Ability (ETA).
- Planning “Try out” breedings electronically before really doing the deed. Planned pedigree, Estimated Transmitting Ability (ETA) and coefficient of inbreeding are calculated based on your choice of Sire and Dam.
- Pedigrees Search for individual animals registered with the American Dairy Goat Association (ADGA). This can be done by herdname, full registered name, partial name or registration number. The registration database is updated at the beginning of each month.
- Type CDCB has distilled years of ADGA linear appraisal data into Predicted Transmitting Ability (PTA) values for each trait. Use this tool to find sires that have shown to make linear trait improvements.