Historic Herd Names can be submitted by any ADGA member using the Awards Nominations form on the Annual Convention website. The Awards Committee selects herd names that meet the required criteria and the decision to approve a herd name is made by the Board of Directors during Annual Meeting.
- The herd name is not currently being used.
- The herd made a significant genetic contribution to a breed or breeds of dairy goats.
- The herd name was well known.
If the owner or owners of a herd name that meets the above requirements and the criteria below, a herd name can be included even if it is currently being used by the owner(s).
- The Owner(s) is 65 years of age or older.
- The Owner(s) has registered dairy goats with ADGA during the past two consecutive years.
Historic Herd Names are not transferable. This does not apply to herd names with two or more owners unless all owners meet all requirements. In the event the designation of an historic herd name is offered to a herd owner, they must agree in writing with the ADGA office to not ever transfer that herd name under any circumstance. If the owner choose not to accept, the herd name will be deleted from the Historic Herd Name list.
Current Historic Herd Names
|La Honda Springs||1986|
|Little Hill (Rock)||1981|
|Nixon’s/Nixon’s Hilmar Farms||2014|
|Price O The Field||2017|
|Valley Park Hills||1981|